This slime recipe is so easy to make, you can actually involve kids in the process of making it which makes it extra fun for them! And afterwards, you have a perfectly safe and non toxic entertainment that will keep them playing for hours on end.
- 25g chia seeds
- 150ml water
- non-toxic food colouring
- 175g cornstarch (plus a bit extra)
- 2-3 drops of your essential oils of choice (I chose Stress Away, because it has the amazing ability of taming wild children)
- Mix chia seeds, water and food colouring, and leave overnight in the fridge.
- The next morning, add the cornstarch a few spoonfuls at a time. Be mindful that the slime should remain easy to squeeze but not sticky.
- It is done when it either doesn’t stick to your hand or surfaces, or if you can unstick it by rolling a piece of slime on it.
- If it gets too hard, wet your hands slightly and rehydrate it.
- Keep it in the fridge when you’re not using it. It is perishable and should be discarded after 5 days.