Ok, let’s start with the easy part, people. You only need one ingredient, but you do need a little bit of patience. You need bananas. But they do need to be previously peeled, cut up and frozen. Stay with me.
- Bananas, peeled, cut, and frozen
- Put them in a blender or hand mixer. Blend until they become a paste with ice cream-like consistency.
- If it gets too soft, put it back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
If all you want is banana vegan ice cream, you’re done. If, however, you’d like something a bit fancier like what I show on my Instagram sometimes, here are some optional ingredients you can add:
- Frozen berries
- Cocoa powder (sugar free if possible!)
- Walnuts, almonds, pistachios… Blended or just roughly chopped
- Peanut butter!
- Frozen mango
- Shredded coconut
- Goji berries
You can blend these together with the banana, for a smooth finish, or add small bits at the end as a topping.