It’s hot and there’s no willpower to read (for you) or write (for me), so here’s this recipe which is SPEC-TA-CU-LAR.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 honey
- 1/4 cup milk (see Bonus Tips below)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 drops Young Living lemon essential oil
- 1tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 drop Young Living lemon essential oil
- Preheat oven to 350º F or 175º C and slightly grease donut tin.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl, and all wet ingredients in a stand mixer.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl, until just combined. If you overmix, the batter will lose air.
- Spoon or pipe the mix into the donut tin, fill up to about 3/4.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack.
- Once they are cold you can glaze them.
- Make the glaze: mix all ingredients and dip the donuts into the glaze for full coverage. Allow to set back on the rack.
- This recipe makes 6 donuts.
- I only recommend using Young Living essential oils for ingestion. You can substitute this for freshly squeezed lemon juice as well.
- You can use any milk you like, vegetable or not.
- This is the donut tin I used, and this is the piping tool I have.
- You can freeze the donuts for a few months in ain airtight container or a ziplock bag.