Spring is my favourite time of the year in Berlin, the city wakes up after the stagnant and grey winter (this one especially, as it didn’t snow a lot) and it literally springs into bloom as the trees go from bare to lush green in a matter of days. The days become longer and the temperatures warmer and you wake up in the morning with the promise of grabbing a beer at the park after work. Or perhaps this cheeky prosecco cocktail! It is no secret that I love a good glass of bubbly – or two – and when the sun comes out of hiding I will find any excuse possible for this! This time of year nothing feels more like a spontaneous holiday than finishing work and popping to the supermarket to grab a cold bottle and some glasses and head to the river to drink it in good company. And this cocktail has all the ingredients to become one of your new fav0urites: sparkly, the lovely contrast between rosemary and lavender, and low on calories, as it has honey instead of sugar.
- 100ml mild flavoured honey
- 300ml water
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary (alternatively use 1 drop of YL rosemary essential oil)
- 1tbsp dried lavender (alternatively use 2 drops of YL lavender essential oil)
- 1l prosecco
- If using YL essential oils: mix these with the honey and skip boiling on Step 3.
- Mix the honey with the water in a small pot at medium heat.
- Once the honey is dissolved, add the rosemary and lavender and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the syrup to cool. Drain the rosemary and lavender (optional).
- Once cold, mix together with the prosecco and serve cold or over ice cubes (although keep in mind this will eventually water it down).
- Make it alcohol-free! Instead of prosecco, you can use 1l of water or homemade lemonade.
- Add thyme to the mix to make it, if possible, even better!
- Are you wondering about YL essential oils? This is the only brand I trust for ingestion, follow this link to learn why.