Have you ever tried these heavenly and addictive cookies on one of your trips to Ikea? They’re made with oats, are crunchy and you will not be able to eat just one of them. They are also pretty heavy laden with sugar, which is why I’ve come up with this healthy and vegan version of them. The only difference is that with my version, you’ll be able to eat as many as you like without guilt!
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 flax egg (see BONUS TIPS)
- 1/4 cup softened dates (sit in water overnight)
- 1 and 1/2 cup oats
- OPTIONAL: vegan chocolate for melting
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC.
- Blend the softened dates with 1/4 cup water. This should form a paste (see picture below).
- Mix all of the other ingredients and add to the date paste.
- Take small scoops and flatten onto an oven tray with baking paper or a silicon mat. This will ensure they come out thin and crispy.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges start to brown and allow to cool outside the oven.
- OPTIONAL: melt the chocolate and spread over the side of one cookie. Sandwich another one with the chocolate in between, and allow to cool.
- To make 1 flax egg, mix 1 tbsp of ground flaxseeds with 3 tbsp water.
- You can also add cocoa powder or grated coconut to the mix before baking.
- Add 1 drop of one of the following Young Living essential oils: lemon, orange, cinnamon, cardamom… The list is endless!