Ever since I cut out gluten from my life I have been experimenting in the kitchen with old and new recipes. This one works like a charm and I urge you to try it. Really healthy and filling, with the natural sweetness of fruit.
- 115ml buttermilk (see Bonus Tips below)
- 115g gluten free flour
- 2 eggs (see Bonus Tips below)
- 5 drops of therapeutic grade Lemon essential oil
- a handful of red berries
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a big bowl until just combined.
- Line or grease a cupcake tin for 12.
- Fill up halfway and up to 3/4, no more or they will overflow!
- Bake for 20 minutes. Bring out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Substitutions for buttermilk: kefir, yogurt with a tablespoon of vinegar, or vegetable drink with a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Substitution for eggs: flaxeggs. 2 tablespoons grounded flaxseeds mixed with 4 tablespoons of water.
- I only recommend using Young Living therapeutic grade essential oil for this recipe.
- If you would like to sweeten it, some healthy alternatives (in small amounts) are stevia, maple syrup or honey.