Right now you’re probably like “Whaaaaat is this crazy woman on about, uterine detox”. Trust me, I was also weirded out by it at first. But when I explain the simplicity of it, you will see it much much clearer.
First let’s see who this is indicated for:
- women of any age with period pain
- women with heavy flow
- women who have been diagnosed with the following: PCOS (polycystic ovaries syndrome), endometriosis or adenomyosis.
- women who have been trying to conceive for a while unsuccessfully
- women who suffer from PMS (premenstrual syndrome)
And who is this NOT indicated for:
- women who are recovering from surgery
- pregnant women (it causes contractions)
- women on their period
- women recovering from a miscarriage or d&c (still bleeding)
And last but not least, let’s see what the benefits can be:
- painless periods
- less bloating
- lighter flow
- cleansing of the uterus to prepare for a future pregnancy
Castor oil is better known for its wound-healing properties, but it is also an antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, hepatoprotective and insecticidal. This is how it helps the uterus to get rid of any built-up toxins, it reduces inflammation and helps heal any scarring due to surgery, miscarriages, or illnesses such as endometriosis.
The first thing you need is to track your cycle very closely! This is because there are certain days when you should NOT be doing this, especially if you are trying to get pregnant. You should only be doing this from the day after the last day of your period, until right before your ovulation. If you do this while or after ovulating, you risk miscarrying if the egg happened to be fertilised.
If you aren’t trying to get pregnant, you can do this when you’re not on your period. If you would like personalised support, you are most welcome to join my community where I can dedicate undivided attention to your menstrual troubles and we can work together towards a solution.
This is what you will need for the uterine detox:
- a small towel, cloth or piece of fabric
- castor oil
- a glass jar
- a hot water bottle
- Find 30 minutes to relax and lie down (with a book, music, whatever you like)
- Put the towel into the glass jar and pour castor oil on it, Make sure it’s completely soaked, but not dripping.
- Boil water and prepare the hot water bottle.
- Place the towel over your uterus and then the hot water bottle over it.
- Lie down and enjoy for about 30 to 45 minutes.
You can do this for a few months until you start to see an improvement. It might take up to 3 months to start to see a positive change. Chances are that you might get a heavier flow for the first month or two, this is normal. Your body is getting rid of whatever it no longer needs. Treat yourself with kindness and patience in the process, and let me know how your experience was!